Here's a list of legislative successes where your political influence has been heard.
- The Commercial Lien Law
- The County-Wide Municipal License requiring a statewide vote of the electorate
- The No Lease Tax
- Passed the municipal business license bill
- Passed tort reform laws to stop frivolous lawsuits
- Passed legislation to prohibit the unlicensed practice of real estate in Alabama
- Passed the strongest protections against eminent domain abuse in the nation
- Passed a landlord tenant bill
- Have kept banks out of real estate
- Won approval of a inspector licensing law requiring a Code of Ethics, Standards of Practice, E&O insurance, and successful completion of an exam.
- Prevented a bill to tax commissions 4%
- Defeated attempts at poor landlord tenant bills
- Banned after-the-fact referral fees
- Defeated bills that would allow mobile homes on any piece of property in any subdivision regardless of covenants, structure regulations or building codes.
- Stopped the Agriculture Department from promulgating the rule change that would have added liability to REALTORS® for omissions/commissions related to termite findings